Cannabis is a delicate plant that requires careful handling to maintain its freshness and potency. Proper storage is crucial to preserving the flavor, aroma, and effects of your cannabis. In this post, we will discuss how to properly store your cannabis to maintain its quality over time.
1. Choose the right container: The container you choose to store your cannabis in is essential to preserving its quality. Ideally, you should use an airtight container made of glass, such as a mason jar. Glass containers are non-reactive, meaning they won’t absorb any of the odours or flavours of your cannabis. They are also easy to clean and won’t break down over time like plastic containers.
2. Control the temperature: Temperature is a critical factor in the storage of cannabis. Cannabis should be stored in a cool, dark place, away from direct sunlight or heat sources. Heat and light can degrade the quality of your cannabis, reducing its potency and flavour over time. Aim to store your cannabis at a temperature between 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Regulate humidity: Humidity is another important factor in cannabis storage. Too much humidity can lead to mold growth, while too little humidity can dry out your cannabis, causing it to lose flavor and potency. The ideal humidity range for cannabis storage is between 59-63%. To maintain the proper humidity level, you can use a humidity control pack or a small piece of fruit, such as an orange peel, inside your container.
4. Avoid air exposure: Exposure to air can cause your cannabis to dry out and lose its potency over time. Make sure your container is airtight and avoid opening it unnecessarily. If you need to open your container, do so quickly and close it again as soon as possible.
5. Don’t store with other products: It’s essential to keep your cannabis stored separately from other products, such as tobacco, food, or cleaning supplies. Other products can transfer their odours or flavours onto your cannabis, ruining its quality.
6. Avoid freezing: Freezing your cannabis may seem like a good idea to preserve its freshness, but it can actually damage the delicate trichomes on the surface of the buds. These trichomes contain the cannabinoids and terpenes that give your cannabis its unique effects and flavor. Freezing can cause the trichomes to become brittle and break off, reducing the potency and flavour of your cannabis.
By following these tips, you can maintain the freshness and potency of your cannabis for longer periods. Proper storage is essential to preserving the quality of your cannabis, and can ultimately enhance your overall experience.